Super Stars: Distinguished Talent Visa
One of the truly great joys and a source of continuing interest for me as an immigration lawyer in my work is it gives me the opportunity on an almost daily basis to meet extraordinary people from around the world.
The case at hand is the epitome of my experience.
I was retained by a well renowned Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine from one of Melbourne’s leading hospitals. A surgeon they wished to sponsor had been refused. (Although the law firm representing Dr X (not his real name) were competent they were limited in their expertise.)
I found Dr X to not only be a “good” and accomplished Cardiovascular and Pulmonary surgeon but a “rock-star” among his peers and it was this “special-ness” that lead me to believe that he could indeed be considered doctor of Distinguished Talent.
To meet the requirements for a Distinguished Talent Visa is a high test. You must:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your profession
- be still prominent in the area
- would be an asset to the Australian community
- have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia
- Be nominated by;
- an Australian peak body or organisation
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
They must also:
- have a national reputation in your field
- be highly regarded throughout Australia
- see also:
So if you or anyone you know is thinking of applying or currently has a distinguished talent visa application pending talk to us. Remember TRUST ONLY a Master Migration Lawyer and make an appointment with AR LAW Services: Master Migration Lawyer.
Book an initial 30 minute consultation for a flat fixed fee for the initial 30 minutes to discuss your issue with a Master Migration Lawyer and to see if you qualify for a “ABG Coronavirus Grant” and thereby be eligible for significant savings.
Call 03 9614 0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an initial 30 minute consultation at our Melbourne office. (conditions apply)
For more go to www.arlaw.com.au
Note: this update, or any previous updates on this page, do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please call our office to seek professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content on this page