Temporary Skill Shortage visa is a temporary skilled migrant Visa in Australia that enables an employer to sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill. In other words, The Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 is for skilled individuals enabling them to work in Australia temporarily. Depending on your skills and occupation, the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 allows an individual to work in Australia for up to four years and also allows them to travel to and from Australia throughout its duration. It also allows their family members to work and study here. In order to apply for the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482, you must be sponsored by an approved employer and meet a number of other requirements.
- Have been nominated for a position by a sponsor who has approved you.
- Have sufficient health insurance.
- Possess the necessary abilities and credentials
- Meet the English language requirements
- Comply with the Australian Government’s other requirements and restrictions.
Benefits of skilled independent visa in Australia
- It allows an individual to work and study in Australia temporarily
- It also enable to travel to and from Australia while the visa is valid
- Apply for permanent residency if you are eligible
Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 streams There are three streams in the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482, and as a TSS visa candidate, you must meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply. You can work for your approved Australian sponsor in your specified occupation under one of the following conditions:
- The Short-Term stream
- The Medium-Term stream
- The Labour Agreement stream
The stream you fall into will be determined by your employer, role, and location. 482 Visa be issued for a 2-year period (short term stream) or a 4-year period (medium to long term stream). The processing time for the visa varies from 8 to 12 weeks. The Australian Government has more information on the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 streams. The three-step application process is: The 482 Visa has 3 steps and it might offer a pathway to permanent residency in Australia:
- An application of sponsorship by an approved business
- A nomination application for a skilled position by an approved business
- A visa application by the Applicant
This allows you to travel in and out of Australia, as well as your family members can work and study in Australia during the period of the visa. While the process for skilled immigration in Australia seems straight forward, the TSS (482) visa comes with its strict requirements and obligations on both the sponsoring business and the sponsored TSS visa applicant.