Skip to content

AR LAW Services  |  Lawyers & Consultants  |  Masters of Australian Migration and Visa Law

Graduate 485 Visas

Superior Advice: Intelligent Solutions

Graduate 485 Visas

On this page you will learn how we can help you with:

Graduate Work Stream.    Post-Study Work Stream.

You’re busy building a career – that is hard enough without having to worrying about visa red tape

Let us help.

Anthony Robinson is the best immigration lawyer in the town. He has processed three migration cases of my family very professionally. He is a very competent lawyer and has full command and knowledge in his area.  I highly recommend to everyone. 10 out of 10.

Bilal Hamid 
(485 Skilled Visa Matter)

AR Law Services delivers professional and exceptional service when it comes to any aspect of the legal system. I was referred to AR Law services and had Anthony looking after my immigration papers, while the immigration laws were ever changing – ‘not that this has changed in any way as we speak’.I would highly recommend their services to anyone who requires genuine insight and expect results, since I have many friends whom I have referred personally and the outcome has never been unfavourable. I believe that being at the top of the game is what differs AR Law Services from other lawyers. The timeliness and completeness of the methods adopted greatly assisted myself when I was still at university; trust me removing the hassle of having to scramble around to ensure that nothing is missed is potentially the biggest challenge when it comes to the department.  In saying all of this, it would be thanks to their guidance and advice that I have reached to where I’m at today. Please do yourself a favour and hit them up if you have any questions – they are the best in the business! Period.

Sandy Marday
(485 visa – Skilled Visa Matter)

Temporary Graduate Skilled Visa (Subclass 485)

Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. There are two (2) streams of this visa. Both allow you to stay in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies to gain work experience.

Requirements for Graduate Skilled Visa (Subclass 485)

  • must be younger than 50 years of age
  • must hold an eligible visa
  • must have included in your application evidence of English language requirement
  • must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
  • must meet health and character requirements.
  • must have health insurance in Australia
  • must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

Graduate Work Stream

For international students with eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the list of eligible skilled occupations. A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.

This visa is valid for 18 months from the date it is granted.

Post-Study Work Stream

For international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.

This visa lasts for two to four years, depending on the highest qualification you used to apply for this visa:

Bachelor Degree, Bachelor Degree with Honours, Masters by Coursework Degree or Masters (extended) Degree – your visa is valid for two years

Masters by Research Degree– your visa is valid for three years

Doctoral Degree – your visa is valid for four years.


Initial 30 Minute Information Consultation with a Master Migration Lawyer

Not what you are looking for?

Help with
Sponsor worker 482 visas

Help with
Employment Law

Help with
ATT Appeals
Visa Refusal or Cancelled

Help with
Budget Basic Wills

Be advised the Information on this website does not constitute legal advice nor personal/corporate migration advice and should not be treated as such. It is information of a general nature and should not be relied on. For an assessment of your personal circumstances and formal legal/visa advice please speak to our accredited Immigration Lawyer.