TSS 482 visa News. Latest on Temporary Work Visas
1. Processing Times
Home Affairs published latest processing times for subclass 482 visas. Based on the October 2018 processing times frames, 75% of all 482 applications are processed in:
- 49 days – Short Term Stream
- 38 days – Medium Term Stream
- 22 days – Labour Agreement Stream
- 38 days – Sponsorship
- Nominations – 35 days
As noted by the MA: Processing times are updated regularly and are published on Department of Home Affairs website. https://migrationalliance.com.au/immigration-daily-news/enty/2018-10-tss-visas-update-from-the-department-of-home-affairs.html
2. 457 Legacy Cases
Home Affairs is aware that a number of applicants with approved 457 nominations are currently awaiting outcome on their 457-visa application. Current processing times for 457 visas is 13 to 15 months from lodgement date based on processing times published for October 2018.
3. Bridging Visas
In the event where an applicant is required to obtain a Bridging Visa or vary conditions attached to their existing Bridging Visa, the following process should be followed:
- Bridging Visa, A or C with no work rights. If an applicant wants to apply for a bridging visa A or C to allow to work on a Bridging Visa, an application should be lodged via ImmiAccount and ask to have conditions changed. If the bridging visa is linked to a TSS visa application, to be considered eligible for work rights, you will need to provide evidence of financial hardship.
- Applications for Bridging Visa B (BVB) to travel should also be made online via ImmiAccount. Home Affairs advises applicants to apply for BVB no more than three months, and not less than two weeks, before the date on which proposed travel is scheduled. Generally, decisions on Bridging Visa B’s are assessed within 10 business days. Urgent travel may be accommodated.
4. Other administrative considerations
- Police checks – If an applicant requires a letter to be able to obtain a penal check, please email the bio-data page of the passport with the subject line ‘Front end load – Penal Check Letter’.
- Condition 8547 – Email: a completed form (1445 Form) with the subject line ‘8547 waiver’. Waivers are assessed within 10 business days of receiving the request
- Incorrect information provided on the application – any incorrect information should be corrected using immi account
5. Unlawful Decisions
Home Affairs may be in the position to review a TSS/457 refusal in the following circumstances:
- the decision has not been appealed to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
- you have provided detailed evidence/reasoning to support your claim
- your query references the ‘refusal query code’ relevant to your particular case
So if you or anyone you know is thinking of applying for an TSS 482 visa, TRUST ONLY a Master Migration Lawyer and make an appointment with AR LAW Services: Master Migration Lawyer.
Call 03 9614 0218 or email email@example.com to make an initial 30 Minute consultation at our Melbourne office. (conditions apply)
For more go to www.arlaw.com.au
Note: this update, or any previous updates on this page, do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please call our office to seek professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content on this page