Best Immigration lawyers SKILLED VISA UPDATE – SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA SUBCLASS 189
The Skilled Independent (Permanent) subclass 189 visa
This Visa is for:
skilled applicants that wish to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. Applicants are not required to have an employer to sponsor them or be nominatetd by a State or Territory government.
- be under 45 years of age
- have a nominated occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL)
- obtained a positive skills assessment
- have at least competent English – e.g. IELTS 6.0 for all bands or equivalent (higher scores may be required to be awarded additional points)
- score at least 65 points from the Point Test
What is the application process?
- Check eligibility against points test
- Obtain positive skills assessment and required English test results
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect
- Submit visa application within 60 days of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and include all supporting documents for the application
We will ensure the preparing and providing the right documents and information as required is an important factor in ensuring your application is processed smoothly.